For organizations that prefer on-premises deployment in an existing VMware environment, the Sendio Virtual Edition™ is your ideal solution. With Sendio Virtual Edition you get the comprehensive email protection and simple user experience of our appliance offering coupled with the many benefits of virtualization—cost savings, faster deployment, etc. 30-day trials are available.
Virtual Appliance Benefits
Sendio Virtual Edition is ideal for companies that have adopted or are moving to a VMware environment. All of the benefits of virtualization can be realized with Sendio’s virtual appliance including:
- Quick setup — a virtual appliance deploys in just minutes by simply loading into your VMware environment, including VMware Server or VMware Infrastructure.
- Cost savings related to infrastructure simplification: Reduced hardware, power, cooling, and space requirements.
- Reliability, backup and disaster recovery: Snapshots of an entire environment can be easily taken and restored at any time leveraging VMware’s infrastructure management tools.
- Deployment and scalability: New virtual servers can be rapidly deployed on existing hardware.
- Change management: New versions and configuration changes can be tested in a zero-risk environment using a snapshot of the production environment.
Sendio Virtual Edition™ Deployment Guidelines
- Sendio Virtual Edition is currently delivered via DVD only (no online download).
- VMware® host must be capable of supporting x-86 32 bit.
- For deployments up to 200 users a VMware® allocation of 2 GB RAM and 200 Gbyte disk space is recommended.
- For deployments up to 2,500 users a VMware® allocation of 4 GB RAM and 450 Gbyte disk space is recommended.
- For deployments larger than 2,500 users Sendio’s engineers will help define the required server resources.
- Quad Core CPUs in your VMWare® host are recommended for maximum performance in deployments above 200 users.
The benefits of Sendio:
- Sendio is the first line of email defense. Unwanted emails never hit your mail server.
- No annoying Junk emails.
- Users maximize day-to-day productivity because they only receive emails from members of their email community and no others.
- No annoying false positives. Messages are never held or quarantined due to elaborate message content filters.
- Full Anti-virus protection
How Sendio email protection works
- Inbound email for your domain is cut over to Sendio via a DNS MX record change.
- Outbound email is routed via a Smarthost or relay setting in your mail server through Sendio and out to the Internet.
- A user’s email community self-manages via simple automatic invitations to new inbound senders who can easily join your community.
- Users and Administrators can also manually import email community members (customers, suppliers, etc.) to Sendio from CRM systems and other contact databases.
- Automated senders of phishing, malware, and spam will never get added to a user’s email community.
- When a user sends an outbound message through Sendio those recipient email addresses are automatically added to the user’s email community.
- Anti-spoofing technology (DKIM, SPF) provides extra protection against malicious senders to your domain.
- Sendio always keeps an up to date snapshot of valid email addresses for your organization via an LDAP sync to your onsite LDAP directory.